FELINE BOARD AND CARE CONTRACT
1. SBCAL Properties, Inc., dba The Cat House Hotel® (CHH), a feline board and care facility, agrees to board cat(s) and to provide other services as described in the individualized Daily Care Form and Schedule of Charges.
2. OWNER agrees to pay for services and products purchased and agrees that CHH is authorized to charge OWNER's credit card as necessary to keep OWNER's account in good status. Long term stays will be charged 2 weeks in advance every two weeks. Decline of credit card or other failure to pay on demand will be considered abandonment (see Section 6).
3. OWNER certifies that all the information stated in the Daily Care Form regarding cat(s) is(are) complete and correct. OWNER guarantees that the cat(s) is(are) in good health, and NOT been exposed to contagious disease within the past 30 days. OWNER agrees that, in order to maintain a flea-free environment, CHH staff will check for the presence of fleas and, if evidence of fleas is found, will treat the cat(s) and charge the OWNER accordingly.
4. If a cat becomes ill or injured, CHH shall immediately attempt to notify first the OWNER, then the Emergency Contact (EC) listed on the Daily Care Form. If OWNER or EC cannot be reached or fails to instruct CHH regarding measures to be taken, or if CHH deems an emergency situation exists, CHH is authorized to engage the services of a veterinarian or give other attention that appears advisable to protect the health and welfare of the cat(s) and the CHH environment. If 7/24 emergency intervention is required, or is the only option for care, OWNER prefers CARE____, AVS____, Either____. OWNER SPECIFICALLY DIRECTS VETERINARIAN TO RELEASE ANY AND ALL INFORMATION REGARDING CAT(S) TO CHH BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER CAT’S STAY AT CHH. OWNER HEREBY AGREES TO PAY ALL COSTS OF VETERINARY SERVICES. CHH IS OWNER'S LEGAL AGENT for these purposes, and will charge the OWNER accordingly. Initial: ____.
5. OWNER agrees to indemnify and hold CHH and its directors, officers, shareholders, employees and contractors harmless from any and all liability for any loss, damage, or injury to persons, animals, or for loss of property arising from or related to the boarding of the cat(s). OWNER agrees that CHH shall not be liable for loss of or damage to the animal by any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to fire, theft, or escape of the cat(s).
6. California Civil Code Section 1834.5 provides, in part, as follows: "Notwithstanding any other provision of law, whenever any animal is delivered to any veterinarian, dog kennel, cat kennel [...] or any other animal care facility [...] and the owner of such animal does not pick up the animal within 14 calendar days after the day the animal was due to be picked up, the animal shall be deemed to be abandoned. The person into whose custody the animal was placed for care shall first try for a period of not less than 10 days to find a new owner for the animal, and, if unable to place the animal with a new owner, shall thereafter humanely destroy the animal so abandoned." OWNER agrees to pay on demand all boarding and other applicable fees for the animal deemed abandoned pursuant to Civil Code 1834.5 until such time as CHH is able to place the animal with a new owner or the animal is humanely destroyed.
7. If any legal action is brought to enforce the provisions of the agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees. These fees, which may be set by the court in the same action or in a separate action brought for that purpose, are in addition to any other relief to which the prevailing party may be entitled. This provision applies to the entire agreement.
OWNER: _________________________ CAT HOUSE HOTEL: ________________________
© 2018 SBCAL Properties, Inc. dba The Cat House Hotel®